Flipkart Marketplace provides wings to every Indian’s entrepreneurial dreams. So, becoming a Flipkart seller can bring in a vast market for your business. Here’s the detailed guide on how to become a Flipkart seller.
Flipkart stands as the best among all eCommerce platforms. Flipkart has grown by leaps and bounds. It has a customer base of over 30 million active users per month. Hence Flipkart is the perfect platform for new sellers to introduce their businesses online and stay competitive today. In this article, we will understand the step-by-step process of how to become a Flipkart seller and sell on Flipkart:
How to sell on Flipkart
1. Register yourself as a Flipkart seller
To sell your products on Flipkart, start by registering as a Flipkart seller. Following are the business-related information and documents you need to start selling online on Flipkart:
Selling as an individual, sole proprietorship, private limited company, LLP, or partnership firm
- PAN card
- Bank account in the name of the individual or business
- GST registration
- Proof of identification
- Address proof documents
- A valid email ID
- A valid contact number
- Bank statement or cancelled cheque of the registered account
Selling as a trust or foundation
To sell products on Flipkart as a trust or foundation, sellers need to provide documents to establish the statutory recognition of the trust or foundation.
2. List your products on Flipkart
Listing products on Flipkart is very straightforward. The Flipkart portal works on a self-service model. Sellers must have a minimum of 1 product for listing & selling on Flipkart.
Flipkart seller dashboard to manage all your products
Once you have registered yourself as a Flipkart seller & listed your products, you can begin selling on the Flipkart platform. Manage all activities from your Flipkart seller account. Flipkart also promotes and advertises the products and provides analytical support to let you know about the products that are performing well. You can also change the details on the dashboard, like description, current pricing, and other features of the products you want to sell on Flipkart.
3. Logistics & shipping
Once an order is received, you have to pack the product and ready it for shipment. The logistics partner will pick it up for delivery. Flipkart has added various courier partners to their delivery team who will take up the products and deliver them anywhere in India. They also support the packaging of materials & training. Flipkart has hundreds of pick-up stores & tens of thousands of delivery personnel.
4. Order fulfillment
The last leg of selling products on Flipkart includes the following steps:
- Get new orders on the portal/panel placed by a customer & accept them.
- Add shipment label bill while packing the order & keep the product ready for shipment.
- Dispatch the order by selecting ‘Ready to ship’ on the dashboard.
- There will be a downloadable manifest to ensure that you gave the shipment during pick-up by the Flipkart coordination partner as per the manifest.
- Track the shipment till the order is delivered to your customer.
5. Payment for the products sold
Payment for the sold product is collected by Flipkart and sent to the vendor within 7-15 business days from the date of sale through bank transfer or UPI transfer with Rs.1 lakh UPI limit per day.
Eligibility to become a Flipkart seller
Anyone selling genuine and new products can sell on Flipkart, be it an individual, Private Limited Company or Sole Proprietorship Firm. You need to submit the required documents mentioned above for registration to become eligible as a seller on Flipkart.
Charges to sell a product on Flipkart
Pay a commission on the product value on a percentage basis on each sale. Flipkart also charges a fixed fee based on slabs of order values. Flipkart also collects fees on payment modes like prepaid or COD.
The seller is responsible for paying the shipping fees. Hence, to sell on Flipkart, pricing needs to include shipping charges. The seller can also charge it separately in addition to the selling price.
If products are damaged during transit or misplaced because of the fraudulent claim of the customers or the courier’s fault, Flipkart has a seller protection program to help.
Products you can sell on Flipkart
After giving the needed information & documents, you can start selling any product on Flipkart. The only condition is that the product should be new and genuine.
Flipkart seller benefits
Since Flipkart is a leader in the e-commerce market in India, it provides many benefits and helps your business reach millions of customers. Flipkart provides the art of “smart selling”. Various other benefits are:
- There is no charge for the listing of your catalogue online.
- Flipkart also handles the shipping of the products. You only have to pack your product and make it ready for dispatch. The Flipkart Logistic partner will deliver it to the customers.
- Allows you to set the price of your product.
- Payments are settled within 7-15 business days from the date of sale of your product.
- Flipkart also protects sellers from fraud. It has set up an SPF (Seller Protection Fund).
- Flipkart provides a simple policy for returning the product in which consumers can return it if they don’t like it (T&C). If the product is returned for any reason, Flipkart doesn’t take any shipping charge from the seller if the product is not accepted/ returned by the consumer, and Flipkart also bears the product cost if the product is damaged in transit.
- Another advantage for sellers is Flipkart funding associates that offer funds at fair rates. So you can stock more products in your inventory.
- Flipkart also offers training on how to sell on Flipkart, and one can learn that online.
The e-commerce market in India is growing day by day, and Flipkart is providing an opportunity to become a seller. Flipkart sellers have high credibility and maximum online reach. It is a significant partner that can take your products to customers everywhere in India.