Are there days when you want to take new business orders but the cash crunch becomes a problem? You have landed on the right page! Read on to understand different ways of boosting your cash flow.
Let’s understand the importance of maintaining healthy cash flow first!
Importance of Cash Flow
Cash flow is the amount of money your business has at any given period of time. Maintaining a healthy cash flow:
- Enables you to meet your financial commitments
- Helps you plan for the future
- Ensures smooth day-to-day business operations
- Supports through ups and downs in sales, and unexpected expenses
- Powers growth in your business
Now that we understand the importance of cash flow, let’s find out ways to have a healthy cash flow.
How to Maintain a Healthy Cash Flow?
There are several ways of maintaining a healthy cash flow & here are three of them:
Receive Your Payments Early
Reducing account receivable time is one of the ways of maintaining cash flow in your business. Here’s how you can reduce the time in which you receive payments in your account:
- Shorten payment terms
- Build a strong relationship with your customer
- Reconcile payments frequently
- Provide early payment discounts
- Settle payments faster using Priority Settlements for PayU Payment Gateway
Increase the Time to Make Vendor Payments
Here’s how you can increase the time in which you can make vendor payments without letting it affect your cashflow:
- Evaluate the relationship with your vendors
- Build a cash reserve
- Set up payment reminders
- Budget aptly
- Look for discounts
- Streamline your workflow
Reduce Unnecessary Spending
Here’s how you can reduce your unnecessary spending and maintain a cash flow that will go a long way:
- Track your expenses
- Manage your variable costs
- Identify processes that don’t add value
- Use expense management tools
Now that you know different ways of keeping a healthy cash flow, find the one that suits you the best. Click here to know more about how to get your Payment Gateway settlements faster.