According to Internet Live Statistics, to date (Feb 2022), there are 1,926,445,300 websites active. More and more people have access to the internet and use it constantly. With over 5 billion web users and climbers, another two billion websites will arrive in no time. When it comes to designing a website which is essentially is a collection of web pages hosted on a designated server. choosing the right language is indeed an uphill task. The same task becomes easy when you understand your needs and standards aptly. Let’s have a look at it in detail below:
What Is Web Designing?
When building any website, it is essential to create credible content with engaging features. The software and database need to be reliable, and the interface also needs to pique a user’s interest. Thus, it is essential to understand various programming languages to enhance web development and create a compelling webpage.
The answer to “What is Web Designing?” is simple. It is the process of designing web pages, content, interactivity, and all aspects of the website a business expects. Web designing combines many skills and disciplines in creating and maintaining websites. The website design trend is constantly growing. Most businesses prefer websites procured and hosted by the providers. There are agencies that design websites for SMEs and even provide consulting to big players. Web Designing in India has boomed in recent years.
Languages For Web Designing
HTML (HyperText Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) are markup languages used to produce web pages and design sites, respectively. The content and data-driven web applications use the back-end and front-end web development languages.
Dynamic, business-clad web development includes server-side (back-end) coding, client-side (front-end) coding, and database technology. Therefore, languages for web development can be defined as “complex logical instructions and processes” to help build sites that meet specific demands (Wikipedia). Let’s look into the most popular web development languages used in the modern business environment and conclude the best suitable ones for web designing.
Languages For Web App Development
Web app development companies are now using a multi-lingual approach for better throughput, flexibility, and interoperability in the development language. On the same trend, enterprises resource multi-lingual developers and high-end tools for a full-fledged attitude in the competitive market.
- HTML: controls the layout and structure of your website. This language is dynamic and allows you to build a beautiful website using less code. HTML is used to create a website’s starting point, and most of your static pages start from here. One of the best ways to understand this language is to think of it as a link to your website.
- CSS: is a language developers can use to style websites. Style sheet language describes a website’s layout and its presentation. CSS with HTML is used to add colours, backgrounds, layouts, font sizes, and more. Web developers use this language to design and build websites.
- Python: is another language with a resourceful standard library. It’s easy to understand and very user-friendly. It is object-oriented and supports many programming paradigms. Furthermore, it is mainly used for back-end web development, which involves hidden aspects of the website, such as scripts and data applications. It was designed to allow additional interfaces for current applications.
- Java: is the most popular web programming language. This web designing language develops content, games, apps, and software used in most Android apps. Studies show that more than 15 billion devices are using Java in one form or another. Java language is portable and can run on multiple software platforms.
- C++: is a ubiquitous programming language. It was accepted for ease of learning due to the short language of only 60 keywords. As one of the oldest programming languages globally, C ++ is undoubtedly a large support community and owns a large number of libraries to provide additional functions. It is the best choice for a web development language. C ++ has contributed to creating many famous websites like Google, Amazon, etc.
- C#: is another language in the C family; C# is a general-purpose, multi-paradigm, object-oriented programming language. It is independent of the platform. It comes as a high-level language, so most web developers use C# for enterprise app development. It compiles to the byte-code and not the assembly.
- PHP: stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. A scripting language used primarily for the server-side of simple, dynamic sites and web applications. Web development using PHP functions is similar to C language, supporting many free and open-source extensions such as .NET. It is less preferred because some PHP functions are similar to C language, yet not standardised functions.
- Perl: this was a classic programming language that evolved over the years. An efficient language, Perl creates programs quickly. Initially, it was intended to manipulate text, increasing its scope to web applications, web development, and network administration. In the web context, it is a less preferred option by developers.
- Ruby: is a high-level and fully object-oriented flexible language. It features robust, dynamic typing and memory management through automated waste collection. Although the syntax is relatively similar to Python and Perl, debugging unexpected run-time errors in a web domain is flawed.
Yes, Python is mighty and brings high-quality web development.
Python is powerful, portable, open-source, and its syntax is friendly to use. On the other hand, PHP is mainly used for creating dynamic web content with HTML. Comparatively, Python is the best option.