We are happy to share that PayU offers international payments acceptance to our merchants in partnership with leading banks.
As the world gets connected even more, it makes sense to do business globally! Global adoption provides businesses opportunities to widen their customer reach and increase brand visibility. If you want to grow your business globally, it’s in your best interest to provide a customer-friendly payment gateway that lets you accept international payments on your website or app.
We are happy to share that PayU offers international payments acceptance to our merchants in partnership with leading banks. Post activation, it will allow you to accept payments in 100+ currencies.
However, activation of this service is subject to approval from our banking partners and internal checks. This is a paid service and charges for the same will be communicated once we receive relevant documents from you. So, if you are thinking to expand your business into international markets, get in touch with us here!
Once we know that you are interested in activating international payments, we will get started with the process. Here is a step-by-step guide of the process followed to enable international payments for you.
Three Steps To Activate International Payments:
Step 1. Merchant provides required documents
Step 2. PayU team verifies documents and charges are finalized
Step 3. PayU team submits lead to banking partner for approval
Step 1 – Documents submission by the merchant:
- Bank statement (Last 1 year) / ITR (Last 2 years). *(Only for startups)
- Audited balance sheet for last 2 years. (If Company is more than 2 Years Old)
- Profit and loss statement (If Company is more than 2 years old)
- Import/Export certificate in case of tangible products.
- FSSAI license in case of bakeries and food items.
- IATA certificate in case of travel business or any other authorized certificate for travel LOB.
Step 2 – Verification of documents by PayU
After verifying the documents, PayU Team will get in touch with you in order to discuss the charges, etc. for international payment gateway services.
Essential requirements to get approval:
- The refund and cancellation policy should contain the mode of refund and the time frame within which refund will be processed. If it is in the form of store credit, store credit validity is to be mentioned.
- Shipping Policy should clearly state whether ME is doing International delivery also. If so then details of IE (Import/Export) code, transit insurance, and delivery partners is to be provided.
- Test login and PW to be shared to validate the transaction flow.
- If there is any redirection of URL involved, then ME compliance for the same to be provided. In merchant compliance mail, redirection URL details are to be clearly informed to the merchant compliance team.
Step 3 – Approval by Bank
The final approval will be provided by the bank and accordingly, service will be enabled in your PayU account.
FAQs on acceptance of the international payment:
How merchants can accept overseas payments simply and securely?
Merchants can accept overseas payments through a simple and secure payment gateway such as PayU as it is PCI DSS compliant and provides 128 BIT encryption. Also, the platform’s UI is quite user-friendly.
What forms of international payment can PayU merchants accept?
PayU merchants can simply and securely accept credit and debit card payments. PayU’s international payment acceptance feature allows you to accept payments in 100+ currencies.
Is there a payment gateway that accepts payments from cards with non-Indian billing addresses?
PayU supports international payment acceptance. But it’s not activated by default to all the merchants. International Cards get a lot of charge-backs. Thus, every payment gateway in India discusses the requirement in details with the merchant, and it’s activated on case to case basis.
What is the best international payment processor for high-risk merchants?
PayU is the best payment processor for high-risk merchants. PayU has the expertise and knowledge of all the ins and outs in the niche. Also, you can talk to your KAM or customer care team for any specifics. It is optimized for mobile and desktops. You can accept international payments in 100+ currencies. PayU is highly secure as it is PCI DSS compliant.
Can a global e-commerce merchant accept international payments using PayU?
Yes, a global e-commerce merchant can accept international payments using PayU. PayU is India’s leading online payment solution provider. It has already achieved a new milestone servicing over 100K merchants for its international payments business. PayU has been providing international payment services since 2016. It supports 100+ currencies including the US Dollar (USD), Euro (EUR), British Pound (GBP), Australian Dollar (AUD), Arab Emirates Dirham (AED), Singapore Dollar (SGD), Bahraini Dinar (BHD), New Zealand Dollar (NZD) and others.
We are happy to empower all our eligible users with these consistent enhancements and product updates by making online transactions quick, simple and secure. Integrate PayU’s International Payments Acceptance feature and experience international transactions like never before!
Read our blog on International Money Transfer to get a detailed guide on the type of international transfers, how to find the best international payment gateway and much more.
Scale your business to new heights and grow globally!