PayU is a popular gateway plugin that provides an Indian payment solution – a WooCommerce-friendly payment gateway plugin that allows you to accept money from your consumer personally.
Choosing one payment gateway plugin to use for your new e-commerce shop can be difficult. The intricacy and sheer quantity of options available may be enough to deter you from launching your internet business on WordPress entirely—which may be detrimental to your business or plans in the digital world today!
Don’t worry, we’ve found the best WooCommerce payment gateway plugin for you – PayU.
But first, let’s learn about payment gateways and why you need one to receive and accept payments on your WordPress website. After that, we shall discuss the various aspects of selecting a gateway. Lastly, we will understand the PayU Payment Gateway.
What Is A Payment Gateway?
A payment gateway is a payment system that allows you to receive payments. Instead of trying to sail past the legal and financial hurdles of processing money on your own, you can just use a third-party payment gateway to handle everything for you.
The payment getaway securely handles your clients’ credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates, and other personal information, so you don’t ever need to.
What Is The Process Of Using A Payment Gateway?
- Sign up for a payment gateway account.
- Connect your personal or business bank account with your account.
- Integrate the payment gateway with your website. PayU provides a WooCommerce plugin that connects rapidly.
- You’re now set to receive payments.
- When a client makes a purchase, the gateway establishes a secure connection with the payment processor. Once it approves the transaction, WooCommerce gets a “success” notification, indicating that the payment is complete.
- Finally, the funds are deposited into your account. Within a few seconds, the entire operation is completed!
Payment Gateways For WooCommerce: How To Pick The Right One?
As a business that uses WooCommerce, it’s crucial to know which payment gateway you can use to accept payments via the internet. These plugins are provided by third parties and must integrate well with WooCommerce.
Your client’s credit card/debit numbers, expiration dates, and other sensitive information are safely handled by the payment gateway, so you don’t have to employ other more expensive services related to security. This is because if you choose to have your own payment system and a security breach happens, you will be accountable for the loss of your clients’ data.
You Can Use Two Different Types Of Payment Channels On Your Website:
- You can use a payment form that can be found right in your store. The customer will never leave your website as a result of this. This is how most big e-commerce sites operate.
- You can direct the customer to the payment form on the payment gateway’s website. Customers must click on a link to proceed to the gateway’s website to make a payment.
When Evaluating WooCommerce Payment Gateways, Consider These Points
- Transaction Fees: Most WooCommerce payment gateway plugins come with a transaction fee. The cost varies depending on your business location, the type of card your consumers use, the payment gateway you use, and other factors.
- Other Charges: Transaction fees aren’t the only costs you’ll have to shoulder. Some gateway service providers tack on extra charges for account maintenance, setup, and bank withdrawals. These costs might be prohibitive, particularly for small businesses just getting started.
- WooCommerce Compatibility: If your payment gateway has a WordPress plugin, it makes things a lot easier. For example, PayU. This will make life much easier in the long run if you use it. The setup and maintenance on your end are substantially lower because these plugins automatically maintain the connection between WooCommerce and their individual payment systems.
- Recurring payments: The gateway you pick must have an option for recurring payments, especially if your business revolves around membership plans or subscriptions.
- Availability in Your Target Region: It goes without saying that the WooCommerce payment gateway plugin should be available in the same region as you and your target customer. Nearly every third-party gateway features a list of countries they support on their website. Make sure your target regions are on this list.
These pointers will help you narrow down your choices for the ideal payment gateway plugin. Now, let’s take a look at one of the finest WooCommerce payment gateways for WordPress.
Top WooCommerce Payment Gateway for WordPress: PayU India
Begin taking payments with PayU in minutes from 100+ local payment choices such as debit cards, credit cards, UPI, etc., and provide your consumers with the greatest and most world-class payment experience for your online company. PayU integration with your WooCommerce-powered business is quick, straightforward, and requires no coding.
1000+ WooCommerce clients as well as other major Indian e-commerce firms such as Myntra, FabIndia, Tata Cliq, Flipkart, and many more trust PayU.
There is zero transaction fee and no platform fee for WooCommerce customers up to 1 lakh or 3 months, whichever comes first*.
Install and activate the PayU plugin, then connect your PayU account to your WooCommerce account. That’s all!
Enable and develop your business with the PayU WooCommerce plugin:
- Payment choices include debit cards, credit cards, UPI such as PhonePe, Google Pay, etc., net banking, and wallets such as Mobikwik, Paytm, and more, all of which require only 2 minutes to set up!
- Customers using WooCommerce receive special prices on all payment methods.
- With PayU’s international payment acceptance, you may accept payments from customers worldwide in over 100 different currencies.
- You can manage your transactions, complaints, refunds, and settlements from a single dashboard. Download reports spanning many data segments and monitor real-time transactions to make quick segments.
To learn more, click here.
The ideal WooCommerce payment gateway is one that offers minimal transaction prices, gives your consumers a better user experience, and is available in your selected region. Each option offers its own advantages and capabilities and is compatible with WooCommerce, but the main distinction between them and PayU is that it operates better in specific settings than others. PayU is a fantastic all-purpose choice for those who want customization options with their payment gateway.
WooCommerce is a customizable, open-source e-commerce platform built on WordPress
Plugins allow you to add new features and grow your business on WooCommerce. One such plugin is PayU Payment Gateway which makes you enable accept online payments with 150+ payment modes instantly!