YouTube is the world’s 2nd largest search engine and 3rd most visited site followed by Google & Facebook! Founded in 2005, YouTube was originally launched as a platform for users to upload and share interesting or educational video content. Since then, YouTube is booming! According to experts foresight 2021 is bound to witness over 1.86 billion active YouTube users. Read this blog to understand how to do YouTube marketing in the most effective way.
How To Do YouTube Marketing: A Success Story
ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
This viral marketing effort is no mystery or an unknown fact to anyone today. It all began with a small idea generated by an NGO making die-hard efforts to save patients infected with ALS disease. The popular challenge centered around a basic concept of :
- Dump a bucket full of ice water
- Capture it in a format
- Upload on social media with relevant hashtags (#)
In no time the challenge became a hit among the young and old! As per curated numbers, approximately 3,07,600 posts were created on Facebook and Twitter. YouTube was buzzing with celebrity videos performing the challenge. The final outcome of this innovative activity was, it helped raise $115 million in a short time span.
Hence, ALS Ice Bucket challenge is considered as a classic example of zero budget marketing efforts. Watch the video here:
Video Source: The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
What Type Of Video Work Best On YouTube
- Explainer & Tutorial Videos: Well-designed How-to guides are always helping and leaves your customers with satisfaction.
- Thought Leader Interviews: Interviews with industry experts or thought leaders can help you amplify your company’s credibility on the platform and in the industry.
- Video Blogs/ Vlogs: Vlogs are video form of expressing your blog. There are many ways to create quick and attractive vlogs to gain more viewers!
- Customer Testimonial: These kinds of videos work the best to gain customer and user trust. Remember, a happy customer is your biggest asset!
- Product Demonstrations: Demonstration videos are short videos with quality content. They are used to show the benefits of using the product.
[bctt tweet=”Interesting Fact: There are approximately 5 billion video views on YouTube every day!” username=”PayUmoney”]
How To Do YouTube Marketing?
With over 1.5 billion users worldwide, creating and managing a YouTube channel is no cake walk. To make it simple, we have divided the process into 6 simple steps.
Step 1: Create Your YouTube Channel
YouTube has made it very simple for anyone to create a channel. Follow these steps:
- ‘Sign In’ to YouTube and click on the user icon on top right.
- Now click on ‘Create A New Channel’.
- Enter the relevant details like your business name, logo and click on ’Create’.
Pro Tip: Add an appealing cover image and customize you or channel. YouTube recommends uploading 2560*1440-pixel image with the maximum size of 4 MB!
Step 2: Create High-Quality Videos
Today, there are a number of online tools available to create beautiful videos in no time. Keep your video rich in both: content and the quality! Remember, the average watch time of YouTube video is 2 minutes. You can also read our blog on Video Marketing: Top Trends Of 2018.
Step 3: Upload Videos
Now that you are here, post a short video that explains what your business caters to. Keep it short, on-point and high resolution. Ideally, your video can range from 720p to 1080p which is considered high definition (HD) on YouTube.
Step 4: SEO Optimized Description
Above everything, describe in detail what your video speaks about. Keep your description SEO optimized. Add tags and place them in the right category. This will help you to increase the visibility of your video. Since there is so much video content created daily, you need to make an effort to stand out!
Pro-tip: Add CTA in all your YouTube videos so that the viewers know where they can find your content online.
Step 5: Distribute Your Videos
Ones you have created and uploaded videos on your YouTube channel, allow viewers from different platforms to find them. Some of the platforms can be:
Step 6: Analyze Your Efforts!
Since you have invested a lot of time and effort in the creation of a video, make sure you analyze the statistics of your videos. Visit YouTube analytics to have a look at your YouTube marketing performance. You can select the time frame or custom choose the date range filter.
Here are top YouTube analytics to look at:
- Watch Time: Shows the estimated total minutes spent by people in watching your content.
- Traffic Sources: Allows you to track the platform from which your visitor landed on your video.
- Demographics: Lets you know from which part of the world your viewers are from.
- Subscribers: Gives you an idea of how many people subscribed/ unsubscribed from your channel.
Today, videos are highly preferred as compared to a written form of content. YouTube marketing is evolving since it’s advent and it holds a lot of potential for your business growth, if done the right way! Hence, grasp all these 6 steps of how to do YouTube marketing thoroughly and implement it in your marketing plan to witness a skyrocketing business growth.
With all your marketing efforts for your business in place, it’s a good idea to have an all – in- one payment solution in place as well. Now enjoy the best payment gateway experience and grow your business effortlessly!