Organic marketing and paid marketing are two different marketing plans implemented by businesses to create brand awareness. While the former involves putting out valuable content, the latter involves paid advertisement using various tools and platforms. But which is better?
Customers will buy your products only when they are aware of the same. Marketing creates awareness about your product in the minds of the customers. Marketing lets you understand the market needs and put your product out there for the customers to see. There are various marketing methods that businesses can adopt. Two of the most prevalent marketing plans include organic marketing and paid marketing. What are these, and which one is better for you? Confused right? Let’s find out!
What is Organic Marketing?
Wondering what organic marketing actually is? Don’t worry; we have got you covered!
Simply put, organic marketing involves attracting traffic to your website or product without using paid advertisements. Social media is one of the most sought-after platforms for organic marketing. It involves putting out valuable content to the audience to attract and direct them to your websites. The following plays an important role in organic marketing:
- Social media marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
What Is Paid Marketing?
As the name suggests, marketing that involves paid advertisement is known as paid marketing. Again, social media plays an important role in paid marketing. Nowadays, it is quite common to use social media influencers to market your products or services to customers. Social media influencers have a wider reach because of their following and can be an effective way to promote your products and services. Following are some of the most sought-after mediums of paid advertisements:
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Influencer Marketing
Organic Marketing Vs. Paid Marketing – Which One is Better For You?
Both might seem an ideal marketing strategy, right? Well, both organic marketing and paid marketing are independent marketing strategies. None is absolutely better than the other. The nature and needs of your business dictate whether organic marketing or paid marketing is suitable.
If you are unable or unwilling to spend on marketing, organic marketing is one of the best ways to help your product reach customers. However, it may take a while for your businesses to see the result of organic marketing. If you are keen on quickly increasing the reach of their products and services to the customers can resort to paid marketing.
Organic Marketing Strategy
If you want to implement organic marketing for your business, it would be better to proceed in a planned manner. You can follow the following organic marketing strategy if you want to accelerate brand growth:
- Analyse the Current Traffic: Before proceeding with organic marketing, it is important to know and analyse the current traffic on your website. You shall find out where you are getting the most organic traffic, i.e., Instagram, YouTube, blogs etc. What is the medium through which most of your audience gets to know about you?
- Choose your Goal: It’s time to decide on your organic marketing goals. Here are the goals that most brands focus on when it comes to organic marketing:
- Increasing the brand awareness among the audience
- Creating a desire and interest among the customers
- Nurturing your customers’ potential interest and persuading them to buy your products
- Retaining the customers and building brand loyalty
- Choose the Target Audience: The target audience will determine what content you put out to attract traffic. For instance, if you put out your photography portfolio, it will attract more customers. However, putting out the nits and grits of photography and how you captured them will attract more photographers instead of customers. Thus, the entire audience changed because you altered your content.
- Choose the Platform: Once you are clear with the goals and current traffic situation, you should decide which platform you want to go ahead with organic marketing. The platform that has shown promising results in attracting traffic should be the one you should focus on the most.
- Optimise your Content: In organic marketing, content is the most important tool. Your content is the representation of your business. Therefore, you must ensure that you present the best content to your audience to make it visually appealing.
In a Nutshell
The need for marketing can be highlighted by the fact that customers won’t buy what they don’t know about. Organic marketing and paid marketing are both prominent marketing plans used by brands. While none is absolutely better than the other, a business can choose from the option based on their present requirements.
When it comes to business, both organic and paid marketing are essential needs in the marketing strategy of the business. So, which strategy are you using?
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can magnify the results if you implement both strategies together. While you put out organic content to engage with your audience and build trust, paid marketing will help you to boost engagement with a wider audience.
Social media platforms are some of the best marketing platforms today. These include Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.
The answer lies in your marketing budget. Organic marketing will allow you to build trust over a period of time, whereas paid marketing will help increase your brand’s reach to a broader group of your target audience.